We are both highly trained and experienced therapists with over 25 years of experience between us. We like working together because the dynamic we can offer couples provides us with the satisfaction of helping a couple work their way out of a stuck relationship. Because we trained together we are very much on the same page and that really helps the work and because being able to work as a male and female team we can respond to our clients from our deeper identities.
I have been a psychotherapist for 25 years; having started my work as a therapist with Relate, I became interested in working with individuals and couples in a more humanistic way and studied Integrative Psychotherapy.
I am passionate about our work as Relationship Therapists and in working as a male-female team, and believe it brings a greater dimension to the understanding of the multi-layered issues a couple face in being together in a relationship. I know that it can be very hard for a couple to work through the problems that arise, alone. I believe we all bring our separate beliefs and history into our relationships and these can sometimes fog our experiences in the present. My training as a trauma therapist has given me the understanding and knowledge to work with some of the issues a couple may face.
- Registered Member of The British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists; MBACP.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (PG/Dip); from The London School Of Psychotherapy. London. UK
- Post Graduate Diploma in Creative Couples Counselling. The Centre for Gender Psychology. London. UK
- Certificate of Training: Relate.(Marriage and Personal Counselling).
- Certificate of Studies: Understanding Trauma, Principles and Practice; from The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, London, UK.
- Certificate of Training: Somatic Trauma Therapy; from Babette Rothschild and The Cambridge Body Psychotherapy Centre. UK
I was first introduced to a systems way of working with relationships when I was trained as a BBC business coach. This experience influenced me, when after working as a psychotherapist for over 10 years, I decided to do a rigorous two year post graduate training in Creative Couples Work. Both myself and Jo have graduated from that training. During this couples training, there was a significant upgrading in the skills and interventions we both now bring to our couples work.
In addition, when a couple chooses to work with us as a team, both members of a couple can feel safe to explore their relationship, in the knowledge that they will meet a balanced and fair response from the therapy team. In our experience it also offers the option of greater dynamism in the couple work.
- Registered Member of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists; UKCP.
- Psychodynamic Counselling qualification from Highgate Counselling Centre.
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy qualification with WPF Therapy.
- Member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (FPC).
- Member of the International Association for Relational Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy (IARPP).
- Latest clinical paper: Summer 2012 in journal Attachment: Stepping into the Archipelago.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Couple Work, Centre for Gender Psychology, London, UK